The girls and I mixed up a batch of fresh playdough a little while ago, hence the peace and quiet. While scanning Pinterest the other day I came across "Sparkly Snow" playdough. It's simply homemade playdough with glitter added rather than a color. For added sensorial enjoyment we added some mint extract. The girls incorporated the glitter into the warm dough for at least 30 minutes (peace & quiet) and then we found a reusable plastic container for it to be stored in. I picked up a clear & glitter tray at Walmart the other day for $1.97, so the playdough is located on it along with a basket of Christmas cookie cutters and a rolling pin.
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- one small container sparkly white glitter
- In medium saucepan, and with burner OFF, combine dry ingredients and stir.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir again.
- With burner on LOW, stir until the mixture is VERY thick, about two minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Add glitter and then knead dough until smooth.
- Store in ziploc bag or plastic dish with lid.