This work proved to be incredibly simple to make.
- 1 green basket (score, the baskets are 50% off this week!)
- 1 sprig of Ivy (one sprig has 48 leaves on it--the work needs 45)
- 1 sheet of white cardstock
- 1 sheet of tan cardstock or the back of a pad of paper
- Numeral stickers 0-9
Direct Aim: · Concentration · Logic & Reasoning
· Coordination · Problem Solving/Decision Making
· Confidence · Learning names of numbers 1-10
· Independence · Furthering Math Development
· Order · Sequencing Numbers
· Predictability · Gaining Concepts of Numbers
· Exactness · Concreteness
- Reinforce the concept of zero (0)
- An understanding of the constancy of the abstraction of numerals: four is always four of something; its quantity is “four-ness”; it is not dependent on its mass.
- Reinforcement and verification as to whether the child knows: sequence of numbers, the association of a specific symbol and the corresponding numerical set, and how many separate units are needed to form each set 1 to 10.
- Unconscious preparation for the decimal system, linear counting and abstractions.