Friday, May 13, 2011

Strawberries for Snack



This afternoon Humphrey and Magoo took part in preparing their own snack.  I was washing off some strawberries and Humphrey brought her step stool over to see what I was doing; she then asked if she could remove the stems.  While I busied myself with unloading and loading the dishwasher, Humphrey hulled the entire container of strawberries.  After the last one, she leaned over to wash her hands and proclaimed herself done. 

Minutes later, Magoo climbed up to see what was going on and asked if she could slice them.  How could I argue, I had purchased this nifty little set from Amazon a couple of months ago and they like to use it every chance they get.  So...Magoo busied herself with slicing all of the strawberries, one at a time in our nifty strawberry slicer and removing each one into a serving dish. 



While it took most of an hour for the girls to prepare their late afternoon snack, they were able to prepare it themselves...perhaps they enjoyed this yummy spring treat a little more then when it is just sitting out waiting for them to come and eat--something to ponder.













1 comment:

  1. Nice pics...I love Magoo's tongue sticking out in concentration!

    I personally find that the more I involved I am in the preparation of the food, the less I eat. I sometimes wonder if that is more widely applicable in this time of excessive over eating and lack of connection to where our food comes from.

    Those strawberries look good though, no matter who prepared them!

    -c

    ReplyDelete